Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Girl Bye!

Okay sooooooooooo I have just have to get this off of my chest. Have you ever met someone who was just way too deep for you? Or someone who discovers something and then tries to school everyone else on the subject and looks like a fool? Okay, well I had the pleasure of being confronted by someone who had the nerve to try and tell me I wasn't proud of who I was because my hair wasn't "natural". Now for those of you who may not know what I am talking about. My hair is not considered "natural" because I choose to relax my hair with chemicals every now and again. Okay so I'm in a room with a group of women and one of them is "natural" and she is going on and on about how African- Americans and people of color should be proud of who they are and they shouldn't put chemicals in their hair blah blah blah. Hey, that be may all well and good for you, but I choose not to go that route. I needs my CREAMY CRACK! That's a perm for those of you who are about to set me up for a drug intervention. :)
So this discussion turns into a heated debate between the young lady and I because she had the nerve to ask me "Well what are you going to tell your daughter when she asks you why you choose to perm your hair, or why your hair doesn't look like hers?" My daughter Miss K, has natural curly hair. Okay lady now you have crossed the line............so now I have to cut you down a few notches. I didn't say a word, I just pulled up her page on FB and let everyone know that until a year ago she was riding the Creamy Crack train alongside me. I am so tired of people jumping on this I'm going to go natural, I'm holier than thou, quoting poetry all of a sudden bandwagon so now I'm more proud of who I am than you are. Well guess what I'm proud of who I am, too, but the last time I checked my mama was a Native-American, so my natural may still look relaxed to you sista! To be honest I wish I could rock the natural fro's and all, but my hair just can't make the cut.
I actually love natural hair and I think that it looks very pretty. My best friend is natural and she is stunning! Shout out to Candice Nicole :) Become natural for the right reasons, healthier hair and because it's something that you really want to do. Not because everyone else is doing it and it's the cool thing that's going on right now. But don't you dare sit here and try to put others down or try to "inform" me on how to be proud of who I am when you were sitting right next to me not too long ago waiting to get your fix to help smooth your edges down. Girl Bye, Sat down...You are the weakest link!

2 comments:

  1. You better say it!!! One of the blogs I follow asked if you feel that natural hair is a lifestyle or hairstyle? That's a pretty good question because people seriously become brand new when they chop off their hair!!! I admit that I chopped off mine and I have need to express my naturality but really I didn't just take a trip back to the mother land.

    Kisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand "natural nazis". Ugh. What someone else does with their own head of hair is stricly their choice and frankly no one else's business!

    ReplyDelete