Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 22, 2010

I think I have finally hit rock bottom........

While traveling on business to New York this week, I had the pleasure of having an AHA! moment......
I didn't realize that I needed to spend more time with my family, I didn't suddenly decide that I wanted to quit my corporate job and bake cupcakes, no I realized that my behind is FAT and out of shape. Now I am sure that some people are going to say I'm not fat, blah blah blah, but I am. No I am not obese, but I could stand to lose a good 25-30 pounds. Heck at this point, I would settle for losing 2 pounds so maybe the button on my slacks won't leave an imprint so deep into my stomach that it remains there well after I've showered and put my pj's on tonight. I've always been slim and even at some point after having Miss K, I was able to slim down to a good size. Somehow, somewhere something has gone horribly wrong and I need to do something about it ASAP!
So anyway, back to my AHA! moment. So I'm in the airport at BWI and I'm waiting to board my flight when this woman walks up strolling her little baby and we all begin to comment on how adorable he is. This kid was too cute for words, he was very well dressed to be a nine month if I must say so. He looked like he had just finished shooting a spread for Ralph Lauren. Yeah one of those babies. So I glance up and notice that his mother is drop dead hot, and all cute and small, flat stomach, etc. Yeah I wanted to fight her based on all of the above. lol. So anyway, we start talking and I say wow you look great for him to be nine months and after further discussion she lets me know that she has three, yes three other children! What the hell! And then she hits me with the bombshell that she is almost forty! Okay can someone call the paramedics because I'm on the ground. It's a man down situation up in BWI airport. This lady didn't look a day over 26.
My kid is almost 3 and I look nothing close to that. At the moment, in that airport, the light bulb went off that I have to do better. Now granted she was super skinny and all of her meals can probably be eaten with a straw, but she looked healthy and vibrant and had the energy to run after her kids. Which I do not.
Now I don't wish to be skinny, or lose the curves that I have gained from childbirth, but I would like to be smaller and in better shape and improve my over all appearance. I deserve to be a fly mama! So today is the day. I'm not going to do anything extreme because I am pursuing a healthier lifestyle over all, but I am going to take the steps to start caring about my mind and body and what I put in it. I take awesome care of my husband and daughter and I think it's time that I focus on me just a little bit more and take it seriously.
So what are your thoughts out there juice followers? How do you maintain good health and healthy eating habits with the demands of everyday life? What have you found to be successful? I'm open to any suggestions or ideas and of course support as I begin this journey. Is anyone else feeling like they need to make a change?

No comments:

Post a Comment