Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 24, 2010

By any means necessary!

June 2009
I posted an entry the other day regarding my "aha" moment concerning my weight and overall well being. Little did I know that I was going to have the "pleasure" of having another rock bottom moment regarding my weight. That afternoon I went out shopping with my "big sister" Alina to see what sales we could get into. As I rummaged through the sale racks, I could hardly hold all of the clothes inside of my arms. I immediately had one of the sales associates get a dressing room started for me. When I finally made it to the dressing room and began to try on my pants and shirts my high immediately went to a low..........NOTHING FIT! Nothing. I had to go up three sizes in order to find pants that fit comfortably. Although I found some great deals, I still left the store feeling down and disgusted with myself. 
May 2010
I'm disgusted at my eating habits and at the way I have become so sedentary and lazy. I've allowed myself to use being a mom and a working one at that become an excuse for not eating healthy or have the "time" to take care of myself, although I find that time to take care of everyone else. In just a year I have gained almost 30 extra pounds! I have also allowed myself to be convinced by people around me that I am fine the way that I am just because I may not be as heavy as some others. Completely unacceptable. It's time for me to take back control of my mind, body and the way I live starting today. Yall pray for me, I LOVE to eat and while there is nothing wrong with that. I guess it all boils down to what you eat. I'm not looking for a quick solution, but a lifestyle change.
Miss K is still down in North Carolina so I hope to be able to jump start my healthy transition while she is gone. I'm sure it will not be easy. I've tried it many times before, but I generally fall off of the wagon about three days into it. So if you work with me or see me on a regular basis, please support me, please encourage me and please try not to talk me into eating unhealthy along with you. lol. 

2 comments:

  1. May God Bless your lifestyle change!! I'm on a mission to change mine!!! This was really inspiring April, because a lot of mothers get lost in everybody else needs and lose focus of their own. My current diet revolve mostly around what the kids eat and it's not working with my SLOWER metabolism LOL But like you said it's not acceptable, so good luck in your journey and thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Keisha, I really am trying. Your comment means a lot to me. It just proves that I am not alone in my struggles. Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete